Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's been too long

Hello Friends!
It's been awhile since my last blog post and so much has happened since then! Just yesterday, for example, I bought a new pair of shorts for 37 cents!! *Smile* okay, so maybe that's not the kind of "big event" that you all want to read about...
Seriously, though- this past month has been totally packed. Summer Mission Adventures ended at the beginning of this month (as mentioned in my previous update) and I had a few weeks of down time trying to relax and get to know Richard Taylor more. Yes, for those who don't know, I do have a boyfriend. :) Now, for the girly crowd, maybe I can post a sappy relationship update, but if I was a guy I seriously could care less! So, for all your sakes, I'll hold back on that for now :)
After our two week rest, we left on a mobile tour of the west coast (CA and OR). We visited Ventura, Pismo Beach, San Fransisco, Whittier (LA), and Salem. We basically went through visiting some of the kids that came through this summer and some from Spring Break. It was so fun to hang out with some of the cool cats that came through this summer again. :)
The trip in terms of van ride was not as pleasant as getting out of the van, but we all survived (although there was definitely some conflict that had to be resolved)!
We got back a few days ago, and now I will be starting work at the base as a Mission Builder (kind of temporary staff until I'm accepted). Right now, my project is revamping the website, correcting the errors... it will be a lot of hours staring at a computer screen! Yippee ....

Current Events:
I went surfing at Pismo Beach! And LOVED it!!! I'm not very good, but it's so stinkin fun!
I got hurt surfing... it hurt to sit down or lean forward for a few days. Not good when you're riding in a van for hours and hours!
The boys did paintball standoffs in Salem- so fun to watch, but they all got ridiculous welts... not worth it :)
I finally met Sam's (on MA staff with me) Mom who he always talks about. She's a fun person- we stayed with her on the mobile tour. I understand Sam more. lol. Which is good because I'm supposed to be working with him this year as his kind of secretary for MA next year.
I'm applying for a passport renewal.
Richard left to go back home to England. It's hard. Today is the second day that I haven't seen him in three months. Although I've talked to him :)

Please pray for:
-FELLOWSHIP! I need friends here and a church body to challenge me. I feel a bit lonely at times.
-Wisdom in support raising. I'm new to the whole monthly support raising thing. Please pray that I know just how to do it and that God moves on peoples' hearts to be generous.
-For Richard and I; we are endeavoring to do our relationship right. It's going to be hard from far away, but right now the plan is that he is going to fly me to England in November if he can earn the money soon enough. That would be great, because he could meet all my "family" over there and I could meet his.
-Family- I'm really missing them and they're missing me. It's also really difficult because they haven't met Richard.

Thank you guys, I know you pray for me and I appreciate that SOOOO much! If you ever want to know more about how I'm doing, I'd love to talk to you! :)

No comments: