Friday, May 30, 2008

O The Deep, Deep Love of Jesus

Well, I figured it’s about overdue time for an update on my life… (sorry it’s even later than I thought it would be, Dani!)
After a long, frustrating job search, I’m now a “loss prevention detective” (aka shop-lifter-stopper-person). :) My department had no manager for my first week, and so starting off was pretty chaotic. I mostly just cleaned the office and helped catch up on paperwork (the guys I work with don’t exactly thrive on office work like I do!). But now the new “lead” has arrived, and over the past two weeks, Daniel, Rick and I have gotten to know each other. I’ve been surprised by how much fun I’ve managed to have! We’re usually teasing each other about something or the other… it’s refreshing to have a good balance between getting work done and goofing off.
My routine family craziness has managed to settle down a bit. As of late, there are no crisis to report *can everyone say, ‘hallelujah!!!’* Our household has become smoother as of late- DeLynn moved out (not under the best of terms, but children grow up and make their own decisions and have to face the consequences…) Grandma’s getting more used to people ;) and we’re getting more used to her strangely wonderful obsessions with all things plantlike and political. Victoria’s just been elected not only the president of the Fresh W.F. west class, but also president of her FFA club! (hmmm… taking after someone? jk). A week ago, I got to go to Aaron’s “pinning ceremony” (similar to graduation) from the medical careers program that he’s been in. Mom’s still trucking along at housekeeping, and every once in a while I’ll go with her and it’s fun to be working together again… Laci (my roommate) is a major exception to that “calm” factor ;) She and I have bonded in dangerous ways that we are both sworn to secrecy on… HA! Seriously, I don’t think you would WANT to know!!!!
There isn’t heaps more right now… like I said, the craziness has finally found some sort of settling. It’s really strange. :) I want to be able to just bask in the restfulness of it all, but I can’t help thinking this is the eye of the storm with me going to college this fall (I just found out I probably can’t register for fall classes till a few days before they start! Crazy? I think yes!)
But, I’m trusting God, working on taming my tongue, leading worship at Mars Hill Centralia, and living life. Recently, I’ve spent lots of time missing England and the people I love there… I still am not sure what God has in store for me on that front, but I keep telling myself that patience is a virtue (go figure). (and speaking of going, I read an awesome blog entry on waiting tonight… If you have time, definitely check it out… it’s shorter than mine! Lol http://voxpopnetwork.com/reformingthefeminine/2008/05/28/waiting/ ) On that note, I will bid you all adieu and thank you for reading my slightly long entry. Hope I didn’t bore you and that you feel a bit more a part of the slightly-less-than-usually-crazy happenings in the “crazy Kaiser universe” (credit goes out to Joseph Lloyd for that one…)

3 comments:

Dani said...

I'm late on checking blogs, so all's well! Thanks for the update, dear friend! It's good to have a little online-date (well, almost!) in the form of reading the events :-).

Anonymous said...

Hey, so good to hear from you and how life is going...I went onto that Mars Hill site you mentioned and got caught up reading several blogs...really great and encouraging stuff! Anyways, God bless and keep it girl! :)

Ascottishsamurai said...

This is really cool to read after having the blessing of getting to know you over the last couple of months. I had no idea that you had such an interesting job before, but I suppose in part that it is my fualt for not asking :-P.

I am very thankful that God brought you here to Kentucky and will continue to lift you up in my prayers daily.