Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving!

Something I'm thankful for : TINASHE CHIEDZA-JOY MAGURA!

Thanksgiving day I was helping out with decorations. All us Americans were trying to make it extra-special for the non-US people there. :) I went outside and clipped a ton of big branches to make "bush" things for decorating the dining room. Then I helped set up tables and prettify stuff.... then I was called into the kitchen to make cranberry sauce... then, by the time I got it into bowls and put it on tables, I had 15 minutes to get dressed, shower, and fix my hair!! (lol... not necessarily in that order) So I jumped in the shower, and got my hair done in about 3 minutes afterwards! (I don't ever want to spend tons of time on an updo again! lol).... then the hardest part began- getting dressed!! I had nothing to wear (literally, okay?!? lol), so I tried to borrow something from one girl... she didn't have anything that wasn't unmatching my skirts or modest enough. So then, another girl in that room showed me some stuff- but it didn't work either!! (okay, this whole time I was basically in a skirt and… umm, well actually considering that both boys and girls will be reading this, never mind :) lol) Then, I gave up and went to my room to put on my basically one outfit that's nice (Then, on the way, I snagged one of the staff and asked if she had anything. She got very excited :) lol and showed me all her lovely winter sweaters... none of which matched :( :) lol... then, she remembered her summer clothes that were packed in a backpack to take home on the weekend (to Sweden).... lol... so I ended up wearing a really pretty spaghetti strap tank top that she had lol.... looooong story ,sorry!! :)
It was fun, though! :) Thanksgiving was a good thing to do- it still didn’t feel like Home-style, but it was a lot of fun :)

No comments: