Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 14, 2007

Today I ate lunch with a homeless man named Edward. I found him in a park. He was really cool- alcoholic, retired Army sargent, and country western singer! Richard and I teamed up to talk to him about God and just life. It was really fun, and at the same time incredibly sad. It's hard to release people like that into God's hands sometimes.
After chatting it up with Edward and Richard (such classy names!), we all had a water fight... well, sort of. Actually, the guys grabbed Kati and Laura and carried them across the park to the water fountain/play area and dunked them in... next they came after me, but I fought them off until we were all completely exhausted... and I was absolutely dirty from flailing on the ground and fighting them off with my teeth (not quite, but that sounds good. lol)... after aslight period of recovery, they grabbed Laura again, and I followed them over to the fountain- laughing... but then, Kevin came at me again I held onto a metal fence around the play area- Kevin tried prying my fingers off, but it only worked when he got a little kid to throw this huge thing of water at me from the other side of the fence... then, blind with rage (lol...), they managed to get me completely wet. Later on, Sam threw a bunch of water at me, and I got this really mean expression on my face and took off at him screaming. LOL- boy was he scared!!! And I totally would have gotten him, too... if I hadn't been barefoot. :) Anyways, it was a pretty fun time, but I was verrrrryy dirty and wet afterwards!

No comments: